Hi guys! And happy Valentine’s Day…a little early;) I like Jessica had a touch of the flu last week so I had to post pone going over to the her studio to shoot! But this week I am back and ready for action! I wanted to include a couple of hot, inexpensive but sexy ideas to spend with that spacial some one on this special day…so here goes!
You can be romantic this Valentine’s Day without spending too much. All it takes is a little creativity and forethought. The key lies in personalizing your celebration and letting your loved one know how special you feel each ordinary day that you are together.
Here are 25 ideas for celebrating your love his February 14th, and throughout the year.
1. Make a memory jar. Take simple slips of paper and write a favorite memory on each one. Be specific, and try to record as much about the occasion as you can. Tuck them into a jar or wooden box, tied with a bow.
The time you spend reminiscing and recording these memories will contribute to your own romantic mood, and what your partner thinks is a plain old box of chocolates will instead be a treasured gift for years to come. Plus, you can add memories to the box for future birthday, holiday, or Valentine’s Day celebrations.
2. Build a romantic fire. Host your own indoor picnic, complete with a bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.
3. Recreate your first date together. What were you wearing? Where did you go? Do you remember what you talked about? Spend the evening reminiscing and reflecting on how far you have come as a couple.
5. Choose a book in which you are both interested, fiction or nonfiction. Read a new chapter each night before bed. This cozy tradition will allow you to spend some quality time together and often makes for thought provoking breakfast conversations.
6. Make a tape of the songs special to your relationship. Include “your song,” songs from your wedding, songs from favorite movies. Add a personal voice dedication and leave it in his briefcase, Walkman, or car stereo.
7. Turn off the TV and play a game of Scrabble or Pictionary.
8. Write about the feelings you experienced when you first met your mate. Write about the first time you knew you were in love.
9. Frame a new, special photo of the two of you and display it in your home.
10. Have you been holding a grudge against your partner? Today, forgive it and move on. Witness how much power the act of forgiveness injects into your relationship.
11. Kidnap your spouse. A friend of mine had a lot of success with this one. She knew her husband had always wanted to get married in Vegas, but he had agreed to a large, formal ceremony hosted by her family. So, after they had been married 10 years, she surprised him at work with a packed suitcase. They caught an evening flight and renewed their vows before an Elvis impersonator in a Vegas chapel. Years later, they are still talking about it.
12. Travel to another town, where no one will recognize you. Check into a hotel or Bed and Breakfast.
13. Jot down 20 things you love about your partner and slip it under his dinner plate.
14. Cook her favorite breakfast.
15. Choose a book you both will enjoy, and read it aloud together.
16. Have a scavenger hunt. Write a few poems, wrap candy kisses inside, and hide them around the house. Each poem should be a clue to finding the next one. Make sure the final clue lands your mate someplace you want to end up for the entire evening. A romance package, including a bottle of champagne and new lingerie, is a nice touch.
17. Write down fifty favorite memories of your life spent together so far. Invite your partner to add to the list, as well as to share special ideas for the future.
18. Leave a message on her voicemail with a silly, romantic poem. (Roses are red, violets are blue . . .)
19. Make a CD featuring the songs that have been important in your relationship. Slip it into the CD player of her car.
20. Bring homemade cookies or brownies to his office with a simple love note.
21. Surprise her with some bath salts and her favorite magazine. Then take the kids out of the house for the evening so she can enjoy some time alone.
22. Stash a love note in his shoe.
23. Spend some time talking about all the goals you have been able to accomplish during your time as a couple. Reflecting on the things that you have been able to do with the strength of the other, including the challenges, can really help you to remember and to celebrate the depth of your relationship and how you have supported one another through it all.
24. Serve her breakfast in bed.
25. Plan a special weekend getaway. Check online travel sites for prices on weekend romantic getaways, or plan a simple trip to a neighboring town.
Use your imagination to create your own romantic memories today.
Hope you found this helpful guys!